Are wireless smart homes in Pittsburgh a good idea?
Not so long ago, home security systems were limited to hard-wired equipment connected through a drawn-out installation. Those days are done. Wireless innovation has transformed the market and introduced a wealth of opportunities for residents.
Are you trying to figure out if a wireless smart home in Pittsburgh is a good option for you? Explore what you ought to know about wireless installations.
What you ought to know before switching to wireless
The foundation of any wireless system is a sound link to the internet. Consistent, speedy internet and a compatible wireless router are the two primary ingredients you’ll need. If you haven’t updated your router in quite some time, consider doing it now to benefit from the most recent performance advancements.
If you live in a region without trustworthy fast internet or cellular coverage, you may be well-advised to go with a hard-wired connection. And, it may be wise monetarily to stay with a current setup if you relocate to a house pre-wired for security.
Internet and electrical outages can take place regardless of where you are located. Taking this into account, look for security options with battery and cellular backups to stay connected.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Pittsburgh?
The chief purpose of any home security system is to protect your loved ones from dangers like break-ins and fire. You can do this with wired and wireless systems, but if you intend to benefit from the latest improvements, a wireless smart home is your best option. When you install a wireless system, you can take advantage of the following:
● Remote access: Would you like to be able to lock your doors or scan real-time clips from your mobile device? A wireless smart home provides a degree of connectivity you’ve never had. You can investigate or make changes to any system components remotely, such as your smart thermostat or lights.
● Instant updates: You can not only access your system, but it may also access you. If a sensor is tripped, an update will be sent instantly to your mobile device app. You’ll always be notified when the system goes off, no matter where you are.
● Adaptable and scalable: Different from wired implements, you can install wireless alternatives practically wherever you wish. Want to have a video camera on your shelf or in your kid’s bedroom? No sweat! It’s also simple to add or remove devices from your wireless smart home.
Possible drawbacks of wireless systems
Although wireless smart homes in Pittsburgh have proven safe and beneficial, there are some potential shortcomings. Consider the following:
● You might need to change batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered devices, there’s always the possibility of an interruption when the battery dies. However, smart devices will alert you when battery life is low and often last for many years without needing a fresh battery.
● Device placement. There may be a limit on how far you can put wireless devices away from the central command hub. This isn’t likely to be a problem in the majority of homes, but you should inquire about the restrictions prior to installing.
● There’s a threat of online hacking. Just like any computer network, the threat of hacking is present. But you can greatly minimize this risk by incorporating strong passwords, always changing default settings, and using routers with built-in security.
Order your Vivint wireless smart home in Pittsburgh today!
Benefit from everything a wireless smart home can offer by customizing your own with a Vivint specialist today. You’ll love having access to your Pittsburgh security system from any location. Dial (412) 318-9359 to begin.