How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Pittsburgh smart home
At the core of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a single united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in total command of your Pittsburgh home’s security and automation. See how it will help you and find recommendations to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Pittsburgh benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to components with radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You may arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a backup battery for added reliability. It also offers total remote access and control via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the functions you can carry out:
- Review current or saved footage from all integrated cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Pittsburgh by programming schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke alarm goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in the home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The home screen will post a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open window or door will prompt you to act. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm your home’s security by adhering to the steps above. You will then need to verify you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Pittsburgh
Despite the fact that various users can be programmed when your system is installed, you may want to add an additional user down the road. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote functionality, tap email or phone and provide the information to deliver an invite.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, simply proceed to the menu, tap users, choose the user you want to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Pittsburgh security system. Contact (412) 318-9359 to learn more.