What to look for in a home security camera in Pittsburgh
So many people in Pittsburgh want to get a view what’s going on at home when they are not home This is a primary reason why security cameras are among the most effective devices to consider as you design your home’s security. Despite the fact that free-standing cameras will be of use when configured appropriately, they’re even more useful when integrated into your home’s comprehensive system.
Are you interested in what to look for in a home security camera in Pittsburgh? You’ll be happy to know these critical components include more features than previous iterations. You are able to view real-time feeds from inside cameras or catch the attention of those lurking about with built-in deterrent mechanisms from exterior cameras. You’ll even have instant access to your surveillance devices via a central in-home touchscreen or cell phone app.
Impressive features enhance home security cameras in Pittsburgh
Versatile and simple-to-use security cameras will elevate your property’s defense to a whole new level. These essential parts of your security system are available with an impressive range of features such as 2-way audio, video storage, and customizable zones. Take a look at the available options here.
- Effective deterrents: Choose a surveillance camera that is able to react instantly. If unusual activity is detected by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a vivid red ring will emerge on the outside of the camera lens and an audible warning will resonate.
- Night vision: Dynamic IR night vision functionality provides clear images of your surroundings no matter the time of day. Your cameras will also sustain their crisp imaging when zooming in on specific spots.
- Video storage: Look for devices with video storage options and the chance to review footage directly from your mobile device app.
- Security app: Today’s home security cameras in Pittsburgh are frequently linked to a handy smartphone app. You can watch live streams or saved clips and even activate or disengage your alarms. The Vivint App will post a notification to your cell phone whenever a triggered event occurs.
- Motion sensors: Built-in motion detectors allows cameras to take notice when strange action is detected. You’ll even get a notification on your phone.
- Talk to delivery people or family: Would you welcome the chance to check in with your kids after school? Do you have a stranger at your front door? The latest home security cameras, like the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, offer convenient two-way communications so you can converse with the people within range of your surveillance device.
- Field of vision: Generally speaking, your outside surveillance should offer an angle of 120° or higher. For instance, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro boasts 140° angle viewing.
- Configurable zones: This benefit provides the opportunity to set the specific part of your property you want your camera to cover. This can be important to optimize the activity you surveil as you wouldn’t want updates every time an automobile drives by on the street.
Configure your own smart home
You now know what to look for in a home security camera in Pittsburgh. The next step is to put everything together in a customized Vivint smart home. Dial (412) 318-9359 to begin or fill out the following form to contact our experts.